Volunteer Your Time!
Volunteers fuel IFFS and there are many ways to lend a hand. Whether you are interested in volunteering solo or with a group, just one time or on a recurring basis, we would love to have you join us in building a healthy and hunger-free NC!
Agriculture - Enjoy the outdoors and explore where your food comes from by volunteering at the Farm and Urban Gardens.
Corporate & Civic Groups - Volunteer with BackPack Buddies, Grocery Bags for Seniors, Martin St. Mobile Market, Urban Gardens, or Food Shuttle Farm.
Court-Ordered Community Service - Volunteer as a Driver Assistant Monday-Friday or as a Warehouse volunteer Monday-Saturday. Email Volunteer Manager to schedule.
Family and Friends Groups - Volunteer with BackPack Buddies, Urban Gardens, Grocery Bags for Seniors, Mobile Market, or Food Shuttle Farm.
Food Recovery & Distribution - Volunteer on our routes as a Driver/Driver Assistant or in the warehouse.
Retirees - Volunteer with our agriculture programs, food recovery and distribution programs, or administrative experiences.
Nutrition Education - Volunteer with our Cooking Matters classes and Cooking Matters at the Store Tours. Email our coordinators at CookingMatters@foodshuttle.org
Student Community Service - Volunteer with any of our programs. Our Volunteer Manager will write you a letter of compeletion for your records.
Urban Agriculture Education - Volunteer with our Growing School Gardens or Seed to Supper programs teaching gardening education. Email Ayn Corrigan for more information.
TO GET STARTED:
1. Create an online account (Click the New Volunteer Registration button). You must create an account to sign up for a volunteer shift.
2. New volunteers need to complete the volunteer orientation.
3. Read our volunteer handbook. > Our volunteer handbook provides detailed information on our policies and programs.
4. Scheduling Groups: Please click the "I AM SCHEDULING MY GROUP" button to switch calendar view to see all of our available group experiences.
5. Sign Up (Click a Sign Up button on the calendar). After you sign up, please check your email for more details.
Contact Abbey Riesett, Volunteer Manager at Volunteers@foodshuttle.org or (919)390-1968.
Volunteer Opportunities Calendar